Korean National Shares Traumatic Experience of Alleged Corruption at Clark Airport (Video)

A Korean national identified as Woo SeonKyung shared her traumatic experience of an alleged corruption activities at the Clark International Airport. The incident was transcribed by the Korean national on her Facebook Page as he shared a photo and video of the alleged incident.

According to the Korean's statement on Facebook which is now gaining the rounds online, he left Korea around 10:00 and arrived at Clark Airport in the Philippines but forgot to recall the exact time of arrival.

The Korean national claimed that some Customs Officials at Clark rip open the food that had been sealed in the ice box and had it tested the belongings of the person in front of them, although she felt embarrassed, she decided to cooperate when it was her time to be inspected.

The officials who inspected their bags asked if the shopping bag they bought was duty free. The Korean claimed that she bought the product at the duty-free shop at Incheon Airport in Korea. She also admitted that she could hardly speak in English but was able to share her story on Faceboo with the use of a translator.

After The Korean's explanation about her duty free bags, they were taken to the small office next door and kept on talking to her in incomprehensible English. She also heard the words "Pay" and "Tax," as the officers showed her "$137." Aside from the payment the Korean also narrated that one of their belongings on their returned trip to Korea was lost at Clark Airport and promised not to return to the Philippines because of the traumatic experience.

Watch the Video Evidence of the Korean National:

Here's the Complete Statement of the Korean National at CIA: 

I'm Korean.

I think I left Korea around 10 p.m. and arrived at Clark Airport in the Philippines. As I left my sleep in a dream, I do not know the exact time. People line up when they find their luggage. I didn't know why because it was my first overseas trip. 

I thought I should line at security. But the person in front of the table used a cutter to rip open the food that had been sealed in the ice box and had it tested. What is it? Should we open all our luggage and show it to him? I was embarrassed, but I felt I should cooperate. It was our turn and it turned out (they were customs officials. I still don't know exactly who they are.) stared at our shopping bag, which said "duty free". With a few simple English words, I bought the product at the duty-free shop at Incheon Airport. Actually, I can hardly speak English. 

The article is also based on the application of a translator. After explanation, we were taken to the small office next door. They kept talking to me in incomprehensible English. Then I heard the words ‘Pay’ and ‘tax’ in my ears. Pay the tax ... And they wrote down on a piece of paper and showed me, "$137". Why do they buy things at duty-free shops? That is why I intend to buy it more cheaply. But if I paid $ 137 it was more expensive than what I paid at the department store in Korea. I didn't get it and I said it was for me to use and I wanted to give it back to my friends in Korea. 

The representative told me "I can't trust you." and asked for my husband's brother and his wife to call us outside the airport. Because we are not good at English ... they refused and I could not use the translator or the phone. Then they yelled at us and brought in a sign about the customs and put it down in front of us with a bang. And new people with radios also joined, yelling out "Go back Korea" to us. I held back my tears. 

My husband walked out of the office and complained, and the clerk tried to push him. Then another staff member appeared and stopped him, pointing to CCTV. Then he came with a paper, forced the signature, and when he didn't, he tried to leave it on my lap. I was tied up for about two hours. Then he wrapped our things in tape, put them in the warehouse next to the office, and locked the door with a key. We gave up and left the airport to receive the documents. We arrived at 6 a.m. after driving to our final destination, Subic, for an hour. 

The next day at 5 p.m. I was told to pick up the things and we spent an hour at Clark Airport, but they didn't meet. Then they told us to come back at 10 p.m. the next day, four hours before leaving the Philippines, and we had to go back to Subic. After checking in on the departure day, I went to see him continuously from 10 p.m. The last time I was told to come was at 1:00 a.m. Our flight time was 1:30 a.m.They stopped me in front of the office for more than 30 minutes and did not respond. After boarding time, I heard an announcement calling my name and it was not until then that they gave me a call and asked me to pay for it. 

I understand that if you bring something to Korea, you will not be taxed. I asked him whether cash was available and if payment by credit card was possible, but he said no. It was already past boarding time and I had to give up my things and run to the gate. The work did not end there. So, I quickly joined my husband and in front of the checkpoint, he put the watch and the cigarette he was wearing in the basket and ran out of the checkpoint. When I was running, my husband shouted that my watch was missing. It was a watch which cost over 70,000 pesos. 

As the husband looked for his watch in confusion, the checkpoint quietly held out his watch. It was outrageous but we ran again because the boarding time was short. And we realized when we were on board. The electronic cigarettes that I put in the basket with my watch disappeared. my first trip to the Philippines gave me only distrust. If my friend had let me interpret the tax when I first came to understand that it was justifiable or if I had let him use a translator, I wouldn't question it. 

They were very overbearing and made a fool of us. I never wanted to visit the Philippines again. I spent most of my time at the hotel, feeling uneasy about the possibility of the Philippine locals attacking me.Even if I do have a chance to visit the Philippines again, I will never use Clark Airport again. They received my possessions, worth 30,000 pesos, and their distrust and disgrace were shared. But when I meet Filipinos in Korea, I will give them a friendly reception. As I am different from them ...

한국에서 오후 10시정도 출발해서 필리핀 클락공항에 3시쯤 도착했던 것 같다. 비몽사몽간에 하차 했기 때문에 정확한 시간은 모른다. 짐을 찾은 후 사람들이 줄을 선다. 첫 해외여행이었기 때문에 이유를 알지 못했다. 검색대에 선 줄이라 생각했다. 그런데 앞사람이 아이스박스에 밀봉해온 음식을 커터로 일일이 뜯어 검사를 받았다. 뭐지? 우리짐도 다 뜯어서 보여줘야 하나? 당황스러웠지만 협조해야 한다고 생각했다. 우리 차례가 되었고 그들(나중에 알고보니 세관직원이었나보다. 아직도 정확히 그들이 누군지 알지 못한다.)은 'duty free'라고 써 있는 우리 쇼핑백을 주시했다.간단한 영어단어 몇마디로 인천공항 면세점에서 사온 물건이라고 설명했다. 사실 난 영어를 거의 하지 못한다. 이 글도 번역기 어플을 이용한 것이다. 우린 설명 후 옆의 조그만 사무실로 끌려갔다. 그들은 나에게 못 알아들을 영어로 계속 말을 했다. 그러던 중 내 귀에 'pay'와 'tax'라는 말이 들렸다. 세금을 내라.... 그리고 그들은 종이에 이렇게 써서 나에게 보여줬다. "$137" 사람들이 면세점에서 물건을 사는 이유가 무엇인가? 그것은 조금 더 저렴하게 사고자 하는 이유이다. 그러나 내가 $137를 지불하면 그것은 한국의 백화점에서 사는 것보다 비싼 가격이었다. 나는 납득할 수 없었고 이것은 내가 쓸 물건이고 한국에 돌아가서 내 친구들에게 줄 물건이다 라고 말했다. 담당자는 내게 널 믿을 수 없다고 말했고, 우리는 공항 밖에서 우리를 기다리고 있을 남편의 형 부부를 불러달라고 했다. 우리가 영어를 잘 못하기 때문에.... 그들은 거절했고 핸드폰도 사용 못하게 하여서 나는 통화도 못했고 번역기도 사용할 수 없었다. 그러더니 우리에게 그들은 소리지르며 관세에 관해 적힌 팻말을 들고 와서 우리 앞에 쾅 소리를 내며 내려놓았다. 그리고 무전기를 든 새로운 사람들까지 합세해 우리들에게 계속 "Go back Korea"라고 외쳐댔다. 나는 눈물이 나려는 걸 꾹 참았다. 내 남편이 사무실 밖으로 나와 항의하자 직원이 그를 밀치려 했다. 그때 다른 직원이 나타나 CCTV를 가리키며 그를 제지했다. 그러던 중 서류하나를 들고 와서 강압적으로 싸인을 강요했고, 응하지 않자 그 서류를 나의 무릎위에 놓고 가려고 하기도 했다. 그렇게 2시간 정도를 발이 묶여 있었다. 그러더니 우리 물건을 테이프로 싸매더니 사무실 옆의 창고에 넣고는 열쇠로 문을 잠가 버렸다. 우리는 포기하고 그 서류를 받아 공항을 나왔다. 우리는 최종 목적지인 수빅에 차로 한시간정도 이동 후 오전 6시에 도착했다. 다음날 오후 5시에 와서 물건을 찾아가라고 해서 우리는 한 시간을 소비하여 클락 공항에 갔지만 그들은 만나주지 않았다. 그리고는 그들은 우리에게 필리핀 출국 4시간 전인 다음날 오후 10시에 다시 오라고 했고 우린 다시 수빅으로 돌아와야 했다. 출국 날 체크인 후 오후 10시부터 계속해서 찾아갔지만 만나주지 않았다. 마지막으로 오라고 한 시간은 오전 1시였다. (우리의 비행기 탑승시간은 오전 1시30분이었다.) 그들은 30분 넘게 나를 사무실 앞에 세워두고 대응해 주지 않았다. 탑승시간이 지나자 내 이름을 부르는 안내방송이 들렸고 그때에서야 그들은 물건을 꺼내 주더니 돈을 내라고 했다. 내가 이해 하기론 대한민국으로 갈 때 물건을 가져가면 세금은 부과되지 않는다는 것이었다. 갑작스레 꺼낸 돈 얘기에 난 현금이 없었고, 카드 결제가 가능한지 물었으나 안된다고 했다. 이미 탑승시간은 지나 있었고 어쩔 수 없이 물건을 포기하고 탑승구로 달려가야 했다. 일은 거기서 끝나지 않았다. 그렇게 급하게 남편과 합류하여 검색대 앞에서 남편은 바구니에 차고 있던 시계와 전자담배를 바구니에 넣고 검색대를 빠져 나와 뛰었다. 뛰다말고 남편이 내 손목시계가 없어졌다고 소리쳤다. 그것은 70,000페소가 넘는 시계였다. 남편이 당황하며 시계를 찾자 검색대 직원이 조용히 그의 시계를 내밀었다. 황당했지만 탑승시간이 촉박했기 때문에 우리는 다시 뛰었다. 그리고 우리는 탑승하고 나서 깨달았다. 시계와 함께 바구니에 넣었던 전자담배가 사라졌다는 것을. 내 생애 첫 필리핀 여행은 나에게 불신만을 안겨줬다. 만약 처음 세금이 정당한 것임을 이해할 수 있도록 내 지인이 와서 통역하게 해줬다거나 번역기를 이용하게 해줬더라면 나는 그것을 문제삼지 않았을 것이다. 그들은 굉장히 강압적이었고 우리를 바보 취급하며 조롱했다. 필리핀에 다시는 방문하고 싶지 않았다. 필리핀 현지인들이 날 공격할지도 모른다는 불안감에 호텔에서 대부분의 시간을 보냈다.필리핀에 다시 올일이 있어도 다시는 클락 공항을 이용하는 일은 없을 것이다. 그들은 30,000페소 상당의 나의 물건을 얻은 대신 불신과 불명예까지 같이 얻어갔다. 하지만 나는 한국에서 필리핀인들을 만나면 그들에게 친절히 응대할 것이다. 나는 그들과는 다른 사람이기에.....

I have a video clip that shows the faces of customs officials in charge. A memo with the name of the person in charge obtained from the airline's staff is also included. But actually, I do not use Facebook properly. So, I attach this to the text and I modify it. As you can see in the video, I wasn't holding up after boarding time, and they weren't doing anything about it, and they were fooling around on one side alone. And he said, don't take pictures of me.

#clark_airport #philippines_customs #philippines_trip

Please share
공유 부탁 드려요..

Source: 우선경

Korean National Shares Traumatic Experience of Alleged Corruption at Clark Airport (Video) Korean National Shares Traumatic Experience of Alleged Corruption at Clark Airport (Video) Reviewed by Phil Newsome on February 20, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.