Thinking Pinoy Exposed Garin's P4.8-Billion Botched, OverPriced Barangay Health Center Project

Popular blogger and social media personality Thinking Pinoy made another explosive expose about the alleged P4.8-Billion Botched and Overpriced Barangay Health Center Project initiated by former Health Secretary Janette Garin during the Aquino administration's time in 2016.


According to Thinking Pinoy aside from the alleged involvement of Sec. Garin to the controversial P3.5-Billion Dengvaxia mess, she was also allegedly involved in the P4.8-billion Barangay Health Center project.

Based upon the documents gathered by Thinking Pinoy, the Department of Health in 2015 launched a massive P4.8 billion program to construct 3,200 Barangay Health Stations throughout the country, more commonly known as "School-based Barangay Health Stations."



The statement of TP was based on the documents in his position right now, the October 2017 DOH report about the ambitious project. The article was written by Dr. David Lozada Jr., the document entitled "Procurement of the Construction of the BHS Tsekup in 3,200 Public School Sites" chronicles the project developments from the date of the project's inception.

Here's the Documents Mentioned by TP on His Article:

0 PPT - Reduced by ThinkingPinoy on Scribd



Thinking Pinoy exposed that the government allocated P4.8 billion for the project, BHS Tsekup Center, with the winning biddger JBros Construction offering to do it for P4.5 billion. It was awarded in December 2015 and JBros was supposed to complete all 3,200 centers by September 2016 but as of August 2017, the contractor only managed to complete 338 BHS, or just over 10% of the 3,200 promised, with no signs of it completing the remaining 90% anytime soon.

The expose also revealed that there's an even bigger SARO released by the DBM for the purpose of securing the budget for the botched P4.5 billion BHS project which is under the P9.4 billion SARO budget.

According to DBM the P9.4 billion SARO will be used to fund the Department of Health's Facilities Enhancement Program (HFEP). The P9.4 billion SARO will be divided into P5.36 billion goest to capital outlays for hospitals and health centers; P3.39 billion goes to procuring medical equipment; and P639 million goes to purchasing motor vehicles.

Know more about the expose of Thinking Pinoy by heading to his official website at ThinkingPinoy.net.

Source: ThinkingPinoy.net

Thinking Pinoy Exposed Garin's P4.8-Billion Botched, OverPriced Barangay Health Center Project Thinking Pinoy Exposed Garin's P4.8-Billion Botched, OverPriced Barangay Health Center Project Reviewed by Phil Newsome on December 26, 2017 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.