According to Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, who is now considered as the most popular presidential candidate on social media, he will surely continue the 4Ps program of the Aquino administration which was started under the Arroyo Administration.
In various political rallies of Mayor Duterte in different parts of the Philippines he never forget to mention his plans to improve the conditional cash transfer program of the national government.
Mayor Duterte also revealed some of the most intriguing facts about 4Ps:
- The 4Ps is also called Conditional Cash Transfer and patterned after the anti-poverty programs of Mexico and Brazil.
- 4Ps was launched during the administration of former Pres. Arroyo. It was originally called Ahon Pamilyang Pilipino before it was renamed 4Ps in 2008.
- The DSWD, which supervises he project, pilot-tested the CCT in 2007 in municipalities of Sibagat and Esperanza in Agusan del Sur; the municipalities of Lopez Jaena and Bonifacio in Misamis Occidental, the Caraga Region; and the cities of Pasay and Caloocan.
- In the 2016 Philippine National Budget, P64-Billion has been allocated for 4Ps.
- 4Ps is not a program initiated by Pres. Aquino but it was started by Pres. Arroyo.
- Cash grants under the 4Ps program are not free. It is made up of US$405 million loan from the World Bank (WB) and US$400 million from the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- The 4Ps will continue even if Mar Roxas loses the Presidency, as expected, simply because it is funded by a foreign loan and the budget for 2016 was already allocated by the Philippine Legislative Branch of government.
Watch How Mayor Rodrigo Duterte Promise to Keep the 4Ps:
Duterte: ang 4P's itutuloy natin yan! ang masama kay Roxas sabi nya kung hindi raw sya ang manalo yung 4P's puputulin!!© CinEmotion Digital FilmsPosted by istoryahi.com on Thursday, March 31, 2016
Viral Video: Mayor Duterte Reveals the Truth About 4Ps Reviewed by Phil Newsome on 4/01/2016 Rating: