The 25-year-old beauty queen was crowned by Miss Universe 2015 title-holder Miss Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach during the coronation night on Sunday, April 17, 2016 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum in Cubao, Quezon City.
After winning the Miss Universe Philippines title, the beauty queen who stands at 5-foot-9-inches is not the top favorites among pageant fans but she proved to the Filipino people what it takes to be a beauty queen.
Aside from Maxine Medina as the winner of the Bb. Pilipinas 2016, the other finalists were also crowned during the coronation night and they were listed below.
- 2nd Runner-up: Jehza Mae Huelar (#37)
- 1st Runner-up: Angelica Alita (#38)
- Bb. Pilipinas - Globe: Nichole Marie Manalo (#28)
- Bb. Pilipinas Grand International: Nicole Cordoves (#11)
- Bb. Pilipinas - Supranational: Joanna Deapera Eden (#13)
- Bb. Pilipinas - Intercontinental: Jennifer Hammond (#26)
- Bb. Pilipinas - International: Kylie Verzosa (#31)
Maria Maxine Medina Wins Bb. Pilipinas-Universe 2016 Title Reviewed by Phil Newsome on 4/18/2016 Rating: