AMLC Denies Providing Ombudsman Documents of the Alleged Billion-Peso Account of Pres. Duterte


The report by the mainstream media about the alleged billion-peso bank of Pres. Rody Duterte backfires after the Anti-Money Laundering Council released an official statement denying the claimed by some officials that they provided the Ombudsman with documents and information related to its investigation of alleged controversial bank accounts of Pres. Duterte accused by Trillanes.



According to AMLC they received from the Overall Deputy Ombudsman on September 6 a letter dated August 17 requesting an investigation of the bank accounts owned by Pres. Duterte but noted that the attachment to the complaint contained "wrong and misleading" amounts.

AMLC said in a statement "We have categorically stated before that the Anti-Money Laundering Council is not the source of the documents and information attached by Senator Antonio F. Trillanes IV in his complaint regarding the alleged bank accounts of President Rodrigo Duterte,"

"It has neither provided the Office of the Ombudsman with any report as a consequence of any investigation of subject accounts for any purpose," it added.

The AMLC also stated that it had "yet to evaluate the request, and the initiation of an investigation, as well as the release of any report on the subject will depend on such evaluation."

"Suffice it to state that in the attachment to the complaint, the alleged debits and credits representing outflows and inflows of funds were added together, thus the resulting total amounts are wrong and misleading," the AMLC said.

The issue about the alleged controversial bank accounts of Pres. Duterte made headlines after Overall Deputy Ombudsman Arthur Carandang said that he had been authorized by Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales to act on the complaint of Trillanes and has already requested the AMLC for a final validation on the bank transaction records of the first family.

He added that initial bank records show the flow of money through deposits and withdrawals from Duterte's sons, Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo and Sebastian "Baste," and his joint accounts with his daughter, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte.

Carandang said the accounts of Duterte's common-law wife, Honeylet Avancena, and their daughter, Kitty, were also included in the records obtained by the Ombudsman. He also said that the same complaint of Trillanes was sufficient enough for the AMLC to conduct an inquiry on the bank accounts of Duterte's family.

Source: PIA / CNN Philippines


AMLC Denies Providing Ombudsman Documents of the Alleged Billion-Peso Account of Pres. Duterte AMLC Denies Providing Ombudsman Documents  of the Alleged Billion-Peso Account of Pres. Duterte Reviewed by Phil Newsome on 9/29/2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.