Complete 2014 NBA Trade Deadline Deals: Pacers traded Granger for Sixers Evan Turner, Pacers serious in its bid to contend with 2-time defending champion MIami Heat
But the Indiana Pacers and Philadelphia 76ers stole the show with a buzzer-beating swap that included former All-Star Danny Granger and former No. 2 pick Evan Turner. It's far from being a true "blockbuster" exchange, but it felt like one given the "lackluster" names moving across the basketball landscape.
We'll see whether that's the trade we remember at season's end, or if one of these further-under-the-radar moves has the bigger impact.
The BleacherReport.com listed the complete trade deadline deals:
– The Golden State Warriors received guard Steve Blake from the Los Angeles Lakers for guards Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks, per The Associated Press (via NBA.com).
– The Brooklyn Nets acquired guard Marcus Thornton from the Sacramento Kings for guard Jason Terry and forward Reggie Evans, per The Associated Press (via NBA.com).
– The Philadelphia 76ers traded center Spencer Hawes to the Cleveland Cavaliers for forward Earl Clark, center Henry Sims and two second-round picks, via ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst.
– The Miami Heat sent guard Roger Mason Jr. and cash to the Sacramento Kings for a "highly protected" second-round pick, viaESPN.com's Marc Stein and Brian Windhorst.
– The Milwaukee Bucks shipped guards Gary Neal and Luke Ridnour to the Charlotte Bobcats in return for guard Ramon Sessions and forward Jeff Adrien, per ESPN.com's Marc Stein.
– The Washington Wizards received veteran guard Andre Miller from the Denver Nuggets for forward Jan Vesely. A third team, the Philadelphia 76ers, acquired Washington guard Eric Maynor and two second-round picks in the deal, per Sam Amick of USA Today.
– The Houston Rockets picked up forward Jordan Hamilton from the Denver Nuggets for point guard Aaron Brooks, per Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
– The San Antonio Spurs dealt guard Nando De Colo to the Toronto Raptors for forward Austin Daye, per Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
– The Atlanta Hawks received forward Antawn Jamison and cash from the Los Angeles Clippers for the draft rights to Cenk Akoyl (the 59th pick in 2005), per Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
– The Indiana Pacers acquired guard-forward Evan Turner and forward Lavoy Allen from the Philadelphia 76ers for veteran forward Danny Granger and a future second-round pick, per Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
– The Los Angeles Clippers sent forward Byron Mullens and a future second-round pick to the Philadelphia 76ers for a conditional second-round pick, per Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
Complete 2014 NBA Trade Deadline Deals: Pacers traded Granger for Sixers Evan Turner, Pacers serious in its bid to contend with 2-time defending champion MIami Heat Reviewed by Jay-R Bayon-on on 2/21/2014 Rating: