CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
A grade 6 pupil from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education who meets the following criteria is eligible to apply for the PSHS National Competitive Examination (NCE).
He / She must:
1. belong to the upper 10% of the batch (SY 2012-2013) and does not have a grade below 80% as certified by the School Principal or Registrar. If the applicant does not belong to the upper 10%, he/she should have special aptitude in Science and Math as evidenced by the report card, with at least a final grade of 85% in Science and Math and 80% in all other subjects;
2. be a Filipino citizen with no pending application as immigrant to any foreign country;
3. be born on or after June 1, 1999;
4. be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program;
5. be of good conduct and behavior; and
6. not have taken the PSHS NCE previously.
1.Fully accomplished Application Form in two (2) copies
2.Two (2) identical recent 1x1 ID pictures
3.Non-refundable test fee (Php 100 for private schools, free for public schools)
4.Copy of report card (SY 2012-2013)
Only one test will be administered, a scholastic aptitude test (known as National Competitive Examination) which is designed to measure Scientific Ability, Quantitative Ability, Abstract Reasoning, and Verbal Aptitude. The NCE will be administered on September 28, 2013.
Application forms are also available and may be filed at any of the following: PSHS campuses, DOST Regional offices, or Provincial Science and Technology Offices. Application forms with incomplete information will not be processed. Erasures, alterations and insertions must be initialed by the applicant.
The Examination Permit(s) will be issued to the applicants upon completion of all documents by the campus where the application was processed. For applications filed with DOST agencies, the exam permits will be mailed to the applicant, or to the School Principal for distribution to its applicant(s).
In case the exam permits are not received two (2) weeks before the examination day, the applicants should check with the nearest PSHS campus, DOST Regional Office, DOST Provincial Science and Technology Office, or the PSHS System Admissions Office.
** The deadline for filing of application is on August 2, 2013.
** The date of the examination is on September 28, 2013.
Applicants from public schools will not pay for the test fee but private school applicants will pay a non-refundable test fee of P100.
PSHS now Accepting Application for SY 2014-2015 Reviewed by Phil Newsome on 7/06/2013 Rating: