The Department of Education and the Komisyon ng Wikang Filipino (KWF) will lead the celebration of the "Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa" this coming August 2013.
The theme for the Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa is "Wika Natin and Daang Matuwid." It will be celebrated from August 1 to 31 in pursuant to Presidential Decree No. 1041, s. 1997.
Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa aims to fulfill the following:
- To fully implement Presidential Decree No. 1041, s. 1997.
- Encourage the different government agencies and the private sector to join programs as such that increases the language and civic awareness.
- Motivate the Filipino people to value the Filipino language by being part of the activities in relation to Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa.
The main theme is subdivided into five themes, which will serve as a guide for all the activities that will be made this month. They are as follows:
- Ang Wika Natin ay Wika ng Katarungan at Kapayapaan
- Ang Wika Natin ay Laban sa Katiwalian
- Ang Wika Natin ay Sandata Laban sa Kahirapan
- Ang Wika Natin ay Wika ng Mabilisan, Inklusibo, at Sustenidong Kaunlaran
- Ang Wika Natin ay Wika sa Pangangalaga ng Kapaligiran
For the complete Calendar of Events (Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa)
Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa August 2013 Theme Memo Reviewed by Phil Newsome on 7/09/2013 Rating: